Skip to content

How to collect debt from the counterparty?

A common situation is when the counterparty does not pay for goods or services or, conversely, does not make deliveries, despite the prepayment.

What to do then?

To begin with, you need to understand whether there are all the documents that prove the existence of debt. If you made a delivery, it is a supply contract, invoices, delivery notes, consignment notes.

After that, we recommend that you check in open registers whether your counterparty operates and whether there are other litigation involving it. This will affect whether you will be able to enforce the judgment in the future.

Next, you need to file a lawsuit in the commercial court. It is usually better to go to lawyers who will be able to professionally prepare all the documents.

When you receive a court decision, you will need to file it with a public or private executor, who will enforce the debt on your counterparty.

If you want to prepare for the inspection, or you need to appeal the fine of the supervisory authority - leave your number and we will call you.


Did you sign up for Business Lawyer?

A channel with legal advice and news for the successful development of your business

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.


Leave the phone number