Skip to content

When and who should pay the luxury tax?

Recently, more and more people are interested in such a phenomenon as the "luxury tax".

Of course, the official name is different and is defined in the Tax Code as: real estate tax, transport tax and land tax.

Let's focus on when you need to pay tax on "extra square meters" and "luxury cars". Payers of such tax are: individuals and legal entities, including non-residents, who are the owners of the property.

Real estate tax
The need to pay tax occurs if a person owns or an apartment of more than 60 square meters. m, or a private house with an area of †‹вЂ‹ over 120 square meters. m or an apartment and a house with a total area of over 180 square meters. m.
Depending on the region, the tax rate may vary, but the maximum rate is: UAH 70.84 for each "extra" sq.m.
In addition, for an apartment with a total area exceeding 300 square meters, or for a house with an area of over 500 square meters. m the owner is obliged to pay an additional 25 000 UAH per year for such real estate.

Transport tax
The transport tax covers cars that have been manufactured for no more than five years (inclusive) and whose average market value is more than 375 times the minimum wage (for now 1 771 125 hryvnias).
You can see the list of cars that are subject to taxation and the calculation of their market value on the website of the Ministry of Economic Development.
The amount of tax is 25,000 hryvnias per year.

When to pay?
The obligation to pay the tax arises only in the case of receipt from the tax service of the relevant tax notice-decision. That is, the owner of a car or real estate should not independently calculate and pay such tax.
After receiving the tax notice, the owner has 60 days to pay the relevant tax.

And if you do not pay?
In case of delay in payment of tax up to 30 days after the end of the 60-day period, the owner faces a fine of 10% of the amount of paid tax debt, and in case of delay of more than 30 days - a fine of 20%.

If you want to prepare for the inspection, or you need to appeal the fine of the supervisory authority - leave your number and we will call you.


Did you sign up for Business Lawyer?

A channel with legal advice and news for the successful development of your business

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.


Leave the phone number